Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Hole




Many times we find ourselves in a dark hole, and we ask the question, why? We then begin to look for reasons, things, situations, people and most of the time, God, to blame on...

Is there really a God? Many times in my life, specially during the lowest and saddest times, I am confronted with that very question, and even at the point of really agreeing that there is no God. Did I find the answer? Let's analyze this, Let's try to beat a horse here.

If the answer is no, there is no God, then of course the question becomes more intense coz it eliminates the beginning of everything. so when you eliminate God you're left with another question, what is the beginning of everything? The Big Bang theory? well I have lived long enough to know that when something erupts, something must have caused it, (most of the time it was me during my childhood days hehehe), you don't have to be a scientist to know that. Granted that it was the beginning of the universe, then what is the beginning of the cause of the explosion? it still did not answer the beginning of everything question. It just deepen the mystery.
Vague as the big bang theory, so is the other theories including the evolution. I tell you it takes more faith to believe on those rather than believing that there is a God because they're like punching the moon, I cannot bet my life on those theories.

And if the answer is yes there is a God. All of us, at least, want to believe that there is more to life than just living and dying. Life is just too dramatic and meaningful to believe that it's all for nothing. I mean the joy, the pain, the laughter, the tears, the enduring, the learning, the caring and the loving are all just for nothing? That's one belief that is more unfair than life itself, won't you agree?

Let's try to put God back in the picture and see if we can solve this conflict...
Q: What is the beginning of everything? A: God

Not unless we solve this question on this angle, we will keep bumping into another question or should i say endless questions.

If you want to play smart and ask, what is the beginning of God? then I'd say you really love conflict and confusion so I'd better leave you alone.


Let's go back to the hole situation. Ain't it assuring to know that there is a God when you are in a hole?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi jan.
this article is just so compelling and riveting. I couldn't agree more. you really delivered the message well.

yes, it is more than comforting to not just believe but really know my God is with me when i am in the hole! i don't see any logical reason for negating that fact and attributing my existence to not just an unknown but likewise a non-existent force. great job!!!!

the juror

Anonymous said...

Hi jan!

I just remember those moments when my life is in the hole and it reminds me right now that I made it this point of my life because of God. He's there! You're right. Its good to have people that will remind us of God's presence and existence.

Thanks for posting! I love it!

God bless you more!

cathy

Jerome Daffon said...

Hi Bro,

I was remember a person who thrown in a hole by his brothers, he could say anything about what happen in his life but to still and pray to God and consider that what happened in his life is a fact. I was remember my moments during the days of my hole, I could'nt express the times of my struggles, but to stay still and pray. Now it reminds me now that
God put us sometimes in a hole to to see what God can do for us.

Thanks! God bless.

Jerome

Living Healthier Lives said...

Great topic. Awesome points!
www.livehealthierlives.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hey ptr jan...

i'd like to commend u 4 starting a blog and making this useful to further His Kingdom...

just for the sake of argument allow me to play the role of a devil's advocate. I would like to present to u some arguments that antitheist have presented in line of ur thesis in this article.

1. what's the connection of God and my "hole" experiences in life?
2. What's the connection of the "creation/beginning of the universe issues" to my own inner aches?
3. Law of cause and effect can't be used as a proof to God's existence bec the argument is unending. As it had been said, "Who caused God?, Who cause the cause that caused God and so on...

ANd lastly, assuming [but not granted] that there is a need for a Beginner in the beginning of existence, how can we be sure that that "Beginner" is God? why not some metaphysical being/s other than God, or as the late Carl Sagan insisted that the "cause or the beginner must be some transcendental being other than God or as Richard Dawkins says, "who knows it must be some flying spaghetti-es."

P.s.
I enjoy reading ur articles here; it simply appeals to my own inner aches. Proving or disproving the existence of God is a very interesting topic for discussion to start with, and I know that u have so much to share in light of your conviction and belief. As the Apostle Peter said, "...Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect..."[1 Peter 3:15]

[I strongly agree with the arguments that u have presented here. But then again just for the sake of discussion, i'll sound like I'm an atheist]

wanna hear from you again!


Apo[ni lo]lo dyetiks

Jando said...

very glad to do so and happy that you agreed with the thoughts i presented here. as you can see i presented this thoughts in a very practical manner, by practical i mean in laymens term, with the general reader in mind. to answer your questions let me deal with them in the same manner but it'll have to wait for the next post.

Rima said...

Nice topic Jando!
I've been in a hole too :D, it's dark, so dark with no light, I kept praying to God to lead my way..so I could still see. God never leaves me..and I'm thankful for that.It took time to get out of the hole..alive!I was blessed...I passed His "test".
It might take time for people to get to know your blog...don't worry, there'll be time. Just enjoy what you're doing..people read it...though maybe you are not aware of it!

cheers

Anonymous said...

1. If we accept God as the Creator it just make sense to return to Him in times of sufferings because that’s the only way to understand the reasons why we suffer (I think so) just like Job did in his own ordeals in life. To the atheists it doesn’t make sense because atheists reject the existence of God. So there’s nothing in there to call upon.

2. The story of creation is very important to my “hole” experience because it always points me to my Creator-God.

3. In order to make a logical statement one must use logic. Logic tells us that if there’s a beginning then there must also be a Beginner. If there’s a creation, there must also be a Creator. Therefore, the existence of God can be proven logically.





-Authentic Humanist-

Anonymous said...

Hi jan and hi to your one of your followers who really got my attention- Apo[ni lo]lo dyetiks


i totally agree with jan; but we also could not discount the possibility of people thinking like the way you explicitly described them...hmmmm... this is going to be interesting.

I will be waiting for your exchange of ideas...who knows, i might join in. discussing topics like this is indeed worthwhile.

keep it up jan. you're heading the right way

the juror

Jando said...

now we have something goin on here, that's nice at least we will get to know different views. you made a point authentic humanist. let's just keep them views coming

The Great Dictator

Here's a scene from the movie The Great Dictator, a very straightforward and intellectual film of the famous Charlie Chaplin. Very power...